In this section of the Admission Form, unless there is something in the subject or context inconsistent therewith, the following words and expressions shall bear the meanings respectively assigned to them hereunder:-
a) “Child” means the child described in this Admission Form whose parent(s)/guardian is applying to enrol him/her as a student in the School.
b) “Course” means the course or programme of study, which the Parents are applying to enrol the Child for in the School.
c) “Parents” means the parent(s)/legal guardian of the Child.
d) “School” means Brainy Bunch International Montessori.
e) “School Fees” means all fees charges and other money whatsoever, including tuition fees, admission and registration fees, annual or other recurring fees and charges, extra-curricular activities fees which are payable to the School from time to time in respect of the Course and otherwise for the use and enjoyment of the School facilities.
f) “School Hours” means the time during which lessons or other school activities or events are being conducted in the School during the relevant Schooling Days.
g) “School Regulations” means the policies rules and regulations, restrictions and other guidelines, decisions, resolutions, rulings and determinations relating to the conduct affairs and activities of the School and the students of the School, and otherwise relating to the governance administration management and operation of the School, and included, but not limited to, any decisions, resolutions, rulings, and determinations pertaining to, and/or for the variation of:
i. the School Fees and the due dates thereof;
ii. the term and semester and the vacation recess breaks or other holidays of the School;
iii. the operating hours of the School and its facilities;
iv. the curriculum of the Course and the manner, method and system of teaching and conducting the Course.
h) “Schooling Days” means the days on which:-
i. any lessons or classes, or any assessments tests or examinations, of or relating to the Course is being conducted by the School, or
ii. any activities or events, which the Child is required to attend or participate in, is being conducted or organised by the School; and references to a Schooling Day shall mean any such Schooling Days.
Terms and Conditions
In applying to register and enrol the Child as a student of the School, the Parents hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (which following terms and conditions are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Admission Terms”):-
1. That the Parents understand and fully support the Islamic Montessori philosophies of educating the Child.
2. That unless the Child is otherwise excused (whether for medical or other health reasons or for any other reasons acceptable to the School) the Child shall be required:-
a) to attend all lessons and classes of the Course regularly,
b) to sit for all assessments tests and examinations of the Course, and
c) to participate in all activities and events of the School (including all extra-curricular activities and other meets, field or school trips and camps) which the Child is required to attend or participate in.
3. That the Child shall be required to attend:-
a) an orientation course (“Montessori Ground Rules” period) at the start of each academic year; and b) additional tuition if the School should find the same to be necessary for the Child; the fees, if any, for conducting the tuition shall be at such rate as the School may from time to time prescribe.
4. That the School shall be at liberty to use the English Language wholly as its medium of instruction.
5. That the Parents shall use their best endeavour to attend the School biannual Report Day where they may collect the Child’s report card and discuss the Child’s progress with the teachers.
6. That if the Child shall be unable to attend any Schooling Day(s), the Parents shall endeavour to inform the School accordingly prior to the start of School Hours on that day.
7. That the Parents shall observe and comply with all security guidelines and protocols from time to time issued or maintained by the School for the safety of the Child, and, in particular, the Parents shall ensure:-
a) that the Child is always accompanied to the gate/main entrance of the School until a staff of the School is able to unlock the gate/main entrance and receive the Child; and
b) that they collect the Child from the School personally or procure that the Child be collected by person(s) previously informed to the School as being authorised by the parents to collect the Child. Whereby arrangement with the School, the Parents have been issued with identification tag(s) of the person(s) authorised to collect the Child, then unless a person intending to collect the Child produces such tag identifying himself/herself as being so authorised the School may refuse to allow that person to collect the Child.
8. That the Parents are aware of the School Hours. Accordingly, the Parents:-
a) shall deliver the Child to the School in a timely manner, and
b) shall collect the Child promptly at the end of School Hours. The School shall not be responsible for the supervision of the Child left on the School premises before or after School Hours. If the Parents are unable to collect the Child promptly at the end of School Hours, they shall make direct arrangement with the campus manager for the care and keeping of the Child until the Child may be collected, and shall be liable to pay the School a fee at such rate as the School may from time to time prescribe for the care and keeping of the Child. In the case of the Child requiring special needs, the Parents shall notify the School accordingly so that proper arrangements can be made.
9. That the Parents shall at all times keep the School informed and updated on the Child’s medical, psychological or health conditions, information and history, including, but not limited to, any innate or acquired diseases, illnesses, afflictions or conditions or history of deficiency.
10. That the School shall not be liable or otherwise accountable for any harm or injuries brought on or otherwise caused by the Child’s pre-existing medical, psychological or health conditions.
11. IN the case of a medical emergency, if the Parents cannot be contacted to give consent, the School shall be authorised to permit the Child to be sent to a clinic/medical centre, or otherwise to be treated by a medical doctor, at the cost and expense of the Parents, and the Parents shall indemnify the School fully against all such costs and expenses.
12. That the School shall not be liable or otherwise accountable for any death, any harm or injury to a person or persons, any loss of or damage to property, or any other liability whatsoever, sustained by the Child within the School premises or during any field trip excursion or event outside the School premises, which is not attributable to the negligence or other fault of the School, its officers, servants agents or employees.
13. That the Parents agree to the Brainy Bunch Illness Policy, and that;
a) if the School finds, in its opinion, that the Child is unfit for any medical or health reasons to attend school, or
b) if the Child is infected with any disease illness affliction or condition which may be contagious or infectious, or
c) if an outbreak of a contagious or infectious disease illness affliction or condition has occurred at the School, then, in any such event, the School retains the discretion to send the Child home, or not to allow the Child to attend the School for such period as the School deems necessary, and neither the Parents nor the Child shall have any claim whatsoever against the School in any such circumstances, whether for a refund of the whole or any part of the School Fees or otherwise for any loss whatsoever.
14. That the Parents will ensure that the Child comes to School in proper attire according to the guidelines set out in the Parent/Child Handbook, and is always neat with clean hair, fingernails, ears and nose.
15. That if the Child attends School, not in compliance with the dress code (especially during communal events) of the School, the Child may not be permitted to attend class or participate in a particular activity and may need to wait for the appropriate clothing to be brought from home.
16. That all items of clothing and belongings of the Child must be identified with the Child’s full name. The School shall not be liable for the loss of any items belonging to the Child which is not attributable to the fault of the School.
17. That the Parents shall be liable and accountable for, and shall indemnify the School against all and any harm or injury to person, loss of or damage to property, and/or other liability whatsoever, sustained by any person whosoever is within the School premises or during any field trip excursion or event outside the School premises, which is attributable to any act, default or omission of the Child.
18. That the School may at any time and from time to time, at its sole and absolute discretion, make or vary the School Regulations, and the Parents shall comply, and cause the Child to comply, with the School Regulations for the time being and from time to time in force (whether such regulations be contained in any parent/student handbook website or elsewhere in any notice announcement circular memorandum or notice board of the School).
19. That the School reserves the right at any time and from time to time to vary the Admission Terms, whether by additions omissions supplements substitutions or otherwise howsoever.
20. That the continued enrolment of the Child in the School is subject to and conditional upon, due compliance by the Parents and the Child with the Admission Terms for the time being and from time to time in force.
21. That the prospectus, the promotional materials, literature, information and the website, of the School attempt to give an understanding of the method system and philosophy adopted by the School, and the contents of, and the representations contained in such prospectus, promotional materials, literature, information and website are not intended to form part of any agreement between the Parents and/or the Child on the one part and the School on the other party or otherwise to be binding on the School.
22. That the School reserves the right and discretion to forthwith suspend or cancel the enrolment of the Child or expel the Child or otherwise disallow the Child to attend the School, if, in the opinion of the School;
a) the Child is unable to participate meaningfully in the curriculum of the School or has committed a serious breach of discipline,
b) the Parents and/or the Child has committed a breach of any Admission Terms, and/or
c) the Parents and/or the Child has committed an act or omission which jeopardises, threatens or undermines the health safety, well being or security of any other members of the School and/or the stability or integrity of the School or the Course.
Notwithstanding the above, an overdue of 2 consecutive months in payment of any School Fees will result in the loss of placement for the Child.
23. That, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the admission and enrolment of the Child as a student of the School, whether for the initial or any subsequent academic year or programme or course of study, is conditional upon the prior fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a) that this Admission Form shall have been completely signed and submitted to the School, and all other entry and application procedure and requirements of the School shall have been complied with;
b) that the School shall have conducted an interview of the Parents and the Child;
c) that the annual registration fee (hereinafter referred to as the “Annual Registration Fee”), and any other School Fees, which are payable by the Parents and/or the Child prior to the start of the initial or subsequent academic year or programme or course of study shall have been paid in full; and
d) that the School shall have given its approval to the admission and enrolment of the Child as a student of the School, which approval may be given or refused at the sole and absolute discretion of the School.
24. That all information is given in this Admission Form, and other documents submitted to the School, are completely correct and accurate to the best of the Parent’s belief and information.
25. That the Parents are aware of the School Fees that are chargeable, and the respective due dates for payment thereof. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the School Fees are subject to changes, from time to time or at any time, by the School.
26. That the School Fees are payable in advance and the Parents shall pay the same promptly and in any event by the respective dues for payment thereof.
26a. That the School Fees must be paid in full and in advance regardless of the absence of the Child from school or forced absence of the Child from School due to personal reasons (such as mother’s confinement, holidays, school breaks, suspensions and the like).
27. That if, at any time after the Child has been enrolled in the School, the Parents intend to withdraw the Child as a student of the School, they shall give the School one month’s prior written notice (hereinafter referred to as the “Stipulated Notice”) of such intention. Refund of the School Fees shall be subject to the Stipulated Notice being given and to the discretion of the School, and, if the School shall exercise the discretion to refund, the School shall be at liberty to refund such amount or portion of the School Fees as it deems fit free from interest. No refund of any School Fees shall be made;
a) if no Stipulated Notice shall have been given, or
b) if the Parents and/or the Child shall be in breach of any Admission Terms or the Child shall have been expelled from the School.
Notwithstanding the above, the Annual Registration Fee is non-refundable once the Child has been accepted as a student of the School, and is non-transferable.
28. That the School Fees shall not cover all learning materials or other study or learning paraphernalia which may be required by the Child in undergoing the Course, and the parents shall be required to purchase such materials and paraphernalia which are not so covered.
29. That unless otherwise agreed by the School, all payments to the School shall be made in Ringgit Malaysia, and by bank transfer to School’s bank account.
30. That the School reserves the right to take such photographs, images, audio and/or video recordings, works or derivative works of the Child, and to use, free of charge, the same in any media and for whatever purpose, as the School deems fit, including, without limitation, for any promotional or publicity materials or purpose and publication in the website of the School.
31. That any notice request or other communication to be served made or given to the Parents and/or the Child:-
a) may be left by hand at, or sent by prepaid registered post to, the Parent’s address as stated in this Admission Form or as previously notified in writing to the School, or sent by tested facsimile to the Parent’s facsimile number (if any) as stated in this Admission Form or as previously notified in writing to the School; and
b) shall be deemed to be duly served made or given as follows:-
i. if left by hand, at the time of delivery;
ii. if sent by prepaid registered post, at the expiration of 3 days after the envelope containing the same was delivered into the custody of the postal authorities notwithstanding that it be undelivered or returned undelivered; or
iii. if sent by facsimile, immediately after transmission thereof.
32. That the Parents shall give written notice to the School of any changes in the information given in this Admission Form, or other documents submitted to the School, as soon as practicable and in any event within 48 hours of such change.